I love GREY walls especially in living rooms. What can I say, but everything looks great on a neutral grey wall. Most of all art! According to the House Beautiful poll, the under-45 crowd chose GREY as their favorite for living rooms. See below a photo of my latest painting, "River Song" on a grey wall. It was created for my collector who had recently designed her living/family room using the palette; light grey, dark grey and yellow green.
Other color facts according to HB that are interesting...
- ORANGE is in! Many blogger and readers love Orange.
- BLUE is the number one bedroom color! ahhhh... so soothing.
- YELLOW slightly wins over WHITE as the favorite kitchen color.
- Designers still love RED in dinning rooms.
- GREEN and PURPLE are rising stars.
If you have a yen to redo your space, here's a helpful color tool that House Beautiful offers. They call it their Complete Guide to Color. http://www.housebeautiful.com Happy painting!
(c) Lisa Palombo, 2012. www.lisapalombo.com